Saturday, July 7, 2018

How to: Up-cycle Flip Flops




I had a pair of much loved flip flops that had started to look a bit tatty, so I decided to give them a make over. I wanted to up-cycle them rather than just put them into the bin. 
Here is how I did it

What you will need:
  • Pair of flip flops
  • 4.5mm hook
  • Yarn (I used cotton, as I thought it would be better against the skin
  • Mini pom poms/beads/sequins for decorating or just leave plain

1) Tie a secure knot around the toe separator

2) Using your hook, go under the flip flop strap

3) Pull the yarn under (one loop on the hook)

4) Yarn over and pull through the loop

5) One loop on the hook

6) repeat steps 2-5 until the strap is fully covered

7) Push the stitches towards the toe separator to make sure the strap is full up. Repeat on the other straps, then fasten off and weave in your ends. To finish, decorate with pom poms, beads or sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment