Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Watercolour Rainbow Blanket

Little Crochet Makes - Watercolour Rainbow Blanket






You will need:
1x Scheepjes Stone Washed - River Washed Colour Pack (58 x 10g balls)
4mm hook

This is a simple, easy to make whilst watching the TV, kind of blanket. You will need to know how to double crochet (single crochet in US). I used the magic knot technique to avoid sewing in ends (you can find help on YouTube, if you need it). 

Finished blanket is roughly 72cm wide, 1.25 meters long

To begin, organise your balls into a colour order. I did the following: 
Black, Brown, Grey, Cream, Purple, Magenta, Lilac, Light Blue, Blue, Turquoise, Green, Light Green, Yellow, Mustard, Peach, Orange, Fuchsia, Pink, Pale Pink

1) With the first colour, chain 115

2) Double crochet in the second chain from the hook, then continue to double crochet back along the starting chain. Continue to work in the same colour until it runs out, then join the next colour with a magic knot. 

It doesn't matter if the colour runs out in the middle of a row, the idea is that you keep going. With this blanket, you don't have to worry about loosing at yarn chicken and you wont have lots of yarn scraps.

When you get to the last ball of colour, you will need to finish at the end of the row to keep the edge neat. I started the last row and then had to frog back when I realised I wasn't going to reach the other side.

I do hope you enjoy making this easy, mindful blanket. Please tag me in your post if you decide to make it with my instructions, I would love to see it!
@Little_Crochet_Makes



No comments:

Post a Comment